Protocol, List of Services,Coupons Featuring a Few New Services:
- Zoom Healing Sessions
- Castor Oil Liver Detox with Essential Oils
- Barefoot Deep Compression – for those who love (very) deep massage
I’m happily still able to offer massage and somatic unwinding sessions and am sticking to a firm Covid protocol. If you aren’t wearing a mask in public places then I can’t work with you until/if the mask protocols are lifted. If you have any kind of sickness -even with a slight cold or acute allergies, we would have to reschedule. If you have recently traveled for the Holidays, I can’t work with you until you have quarantined for two weeks and the same goes for anyone attending indoor gatherings. I continue to be grateful to all of you for your cooperation and care.
- Leave 3 hours between to run HEPA air filter and run it while you are here
- Sanitize bathroom and office thoroughly
- Change my clothes. wash my hands and arms past elbows, rinse mouth with disinfecting mouth wash
My goal is to make us both feel comfortable while keeping my office space safe for the next client. We’re all in this together and I’m grateful for the consideration, cooperation and honesty of my clientele as we get through this. I invested in some classes that have left me confident in serving my community (and beyond) at this time.
I can’t wait to see you! Feel free to book online whenever you feel ready.
When you do book, please read my protocols (below) and make sure you’re ok with them before scheduling an in-office session.
What’s it like to wear a mask during a massage?
So far, wearing a mask is hardly noticed after we get started. The best type for massage is a light paper mask with ear straps. If you don’t have one I will supply it. As soon as I start massaging you, everything just feels better and you’ll hardly remember you’re wearing it. When face down no mask is required (see protocols below).
*If you don’t enjoy the massage you can opt out during, no hard feelings and no charge if you opt out within 15 mins.
My Covid-19 Protocols
-in place until the protocols for massage therapists are lifted. You can be confident that you’ll be entering a sanitized space:
- Clients are now asked to sign a waiver and answer a few covid-19 screening questions.
- Clients will shower before arriving (so do I)
- (Please) avoid stopping in public places on your way (so will I)
- Upon arrival clients’ temperature will be taken with a no-touch thermometer before entering (I check mine daily)
- You will remove shoes once inside
- First I’ll guide you to the restroom. Feel free to use it. It is sanitized before and after each client.
- You will wash hands and rinse mouth with an organic disinfecting mouth wash (So do I)
- We both wear masks during the session. You will not need to when you’re face down because the face cradle has a pillowcase hanging which provides protection. You will have mask on then try and hold breath at which time you remove mask and place it inside the pillowcase then rest head in face cradle. Before turning over you will reach in and take your mask out and place it before turning.
- Payment (of all types) is now completed in office before leaving. So, rather than resting in my home after the session, you will exit from the office. Therefore, please take your time in office. As a sign that you are dressed, you can open door and I will re enter a few minutes after the session once you are dressed to complete payment and discuss the session if needed.
- Feel free to use the restroom and then please exit.
You can now book your massage online here (coupons below)
List of Services Now accepting cash, credit, HSA and debit cards
Note: My prices have not raised in more than five years but may have to raise $10 to $140/90 min. sessions and $110/60 min. sessions in the coming year. I have not decided on a date for this and will continue to offer seasonal coupons.
60 min. Massage Session $100
60 min Bundle of FIVE $450 (save $50)90 min. Massage Session $130
90 min Massage Bundle of FIVE $550 (save $100)
90 min. Labor Stimulation Session $150
~30 mins Barefoot Deep Compression Massage $70
~60 min Barefoot Deep Compression Massage $140
~30 mins Castor Oil Liver Detox $50
~ 30 mins Essential Oil Treatment $50
Somatic Unwinding Approx. 2 Hour Session in office or zoom $180
Four month package of 12 Somatic Unwinding sessions is $1,800.00 (save $360)
Zoom Healing Sessions: $40/hour
ZOOM Healing sessions around 60 mins and you can schedule longer if you like. I will guide you in breathing techniques, setting a positive intention, meditation to channel healing energy into your hands and in acupressure points that relieve pain and tension and teach you self massage techniques. We can also engage in a discussion of wellness goals if you like.
DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES:
Zoom Healing Sessions?
Yes, in addition to in office visits, I’m also now certified in zoom healing sessions which have been added to the schedule. I want to make sure that healing is accessible to all of my clients, not only those who could come in person. These zoom sessions are effective and folks are loving them!
For folks who are immunocompromised or just not comfortable yet with an in office visit, or if you always wanted a friend or family member to experience my work but they live afar, my zoom sessions are a great option! (See description below).
I’m receiving positive feedback on zoom sessions! Here are some comments from five folks I zoomed with:
“Thank you so much, I feel better already”
“Thank you, Chula! This was very appreciated”
“It was awesome, highly recommended!”
“It was really helpful doing the work right then and I would think easy to do daily. “
“It was really helpful. “
Book Your Zoom Healing Session Here (coupons below)
ZOOM Sessions are available for most all ailments including but not limited to:
Body Pain (Backache and sciatica, neck, knees, neck and shoulder, jaw, ankle and foot)
Immune BoostingPregnancy and InfertilityLabor Induction (with Ok from your prenatal care provider)
AllergiesHeadaches and migraines Asthma, Anxiety Sinus ProblemsChronic Fatigue
Gastric Issues Menopausal IssuesSwelling/Water Retention(and more)
Book Your Zoom Healing Session Here (coupons below)
About In-Office Bodywork Sessions:Dynamic Fascial Response™ is a healing method that I developed as a bodyworker of many years. It’s a blend of structural therapies and foundational philosophy that produce a dialog of activation and response between the practitioner and the client body. The response releases holding patterns in the fascial body and, as a result, both physiological and emotional changes occur. This method resources and repurposes stuck patterns and can heal trauma, relieve pain, improve posture and health and above all promote peace.
Modalities Used in a DFR™ Session:
- Slow fascial release stroke with little to no oil.
- Pin and stretch techniques with little to no oil to increase range of motion.
- Resistance and release for active muscle release at full ROM.
- Slow and safe compression and traction to encourage circulation and mobility of joints.
- Cross fiber friction to tonify muscles
- Acupressure to encourage gastric motility.
- Oil effleurage to activate the parasympathetic nervous system.
- Energy work to activate the parasympathetic nervous system
- Deep tissue (Please dont be under the impression that DFR is deep tissue. If you need deep bodywork, schedule a barefoot session with me)
Effective Treatment Sessions for Specific Needs Includes and is not limited to:
- Treatment for Rotator Cuff Injury and Frozen Shoulder
- Treatment for Sciatica and Lower Back Pain
- Treatment for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Treatment for Plantar Fasciitis
- Treatment for Tight Jaw -including internal mouth work for TMJ Dysfunction (discontinued until mask protocol is lifted)
- Treatment for Neck pain and migraine headaches
- Sinus, Allergy, Asthma Relief
- Scoliosis pain relief
Prenatal Massage and Massage for new mothers
- Structural massage for ease and alignment during pregnancy
- Postpartum Massage
- Birthing massage (at birth)
- Labor Induction Session (with green light from your prenatal care provider/midwife)
Unravel unwanted fixed emotional and physical patterns with the profound approach of Somatic Unwinding. Read about this deeply healing work here https://healingrivermassage.com/somatic-unwinding/
Barefoot Deep Compression:This very deep style of bodywork developed by John Harris and Fred Kenyon is very effective. Their book is called FIX PAIN so that gives you some idea of its power. You might be a little sore afterward and this bodywork is not appropriate for everyone but excellent for athletic body types and folks you love it extra deep. Technique: Client is on mat on floor. I use a foot to apply firm, sustained pressure to muscle. Pressure is sustained for 7-90 seconds for each point depending on tolerance and the map of your holding pattern that I’m following. I’m so happy to finally be able to offer that super deep session some of you have been asking for in a style that I believe in.Castor Oil Liver Detox with Essential OilsI will massage castor oil into your abdomen and liver area with monoterpene essential oils. Then I will cover the area with BPA free and PVC free plastic wrap, towel and a hot water bottle which allows the oil to penetrate deeper.
Monoterpenes inhibit the accumulation of toxins and help to discharge existing toxins from the liver and kidneys.
The late healer Edgar Cayce was the first to promote the use of castor oil packs for healing. It was then later researched by Dr. William McGarey of Phoenix, Arizona. McGarey, a primary care physician, author and follower of Cayce’s teachings, said that if used properly, castor oil packs can greatly benefit your immune system. Castor oil is a triglyceride that is composed of fatty acids, 90 percent of which is ricinoleic acid. The essential fatty acids, in particular the ricinoleic acid that castor oil contains, encourages movement of chemical energy within the body, resulting in a detoxifying effect.
It has been reported that castor oil packing has many benefits to health. The health benefits include:
- More effective elimination of waste
- Reduction of nausea
- Pain relief
- Improved digestion
- Reduced inflammation
- Increased relaxation
- Immune enhancing benefits
THANK YOU FOR BEING AWESOME!
ENJOY YOUR HOLIDAY COUPONS$20 OFF Holiday Gift Certificates$20 OFF any 90 MIN Massage
$20 off any 60 MIN Massage
$10 off any ZOOM AcupressureSession
$20 Off any Somatic NLP SESSION
(In person or zoom)Coupons don’t apply to bundles.
Valid for any gift certificate or massage purchased in December 2020
No need to print just mention this coupon upon payment.
Please honor my 24 hour Cancellation Policy. Full charge is applied to any cancellation made in less than 24 hours.
Mark your calendar and set an alarm on your phone.
You Can Book Your Massage Here
Text me to schedule a Somatic Unwinding session