The benefits of pregnancy massage vary because a pregnancy massage specialist offers much more than knowledge to support you safely in your prenatal journey. If you like, the bodyworker can attend your birth and also serve in a supporting role postpartum. As an instructor of all three stages of pregnancy massage, Chula believes that pregnant clients would be wise to seek out a specialist who understands pregnancy conditions, contraindications, correct positioning as well as the emotional stages the client might be experiencing throughout pregnancy. In choosing a pregnancy massage specialist, the pregnant client and baby will be safe and well cared for.
Chula Linda Gemignani has been a bodyworker for 15 years+ and a prenatal specialist since 2009 after studying under Carole Osborne.
- Maintaining regular prenatal care will help the circulation remain healthy throughout pregnancy.
- Promotes relaxation, lowers cortisol, stress and anxiety and promotes a good sleep.
Promotes a healthy inner environment for the client to grow a baby in.
- Promotes body awareness, mobility, flexibility and preparedness to birth the baby.
- Offers the client a listening ear to voice any concerns or emotions.
Addresses and treats deeper physiological responses to the stages pregnancy (Digestion, breathing, high blood pressure, blood and lymph circulation).
- Prepares the client’s somatic syncing of body and mind for an easier birth.
- Addresses and solves bodily pain and tension.
- Reduces ligament strain.
- Opens the thoracic lumber and ribs, allowing for deeper and easier breathing.
- Helps musculoskeletal structural alignment and integration throughout pregnancy, during birth and postpartum.
- Strengthens posture.
- Prenatal and Postpartum massage grows a peaceful, touch-based core understanding of connection that can travel from massage therapist to client/mom and then from client/mom to baby.
- Reduces swelling and cramping.
- Reduces carpal tunnel symptoms.
- Reduces back pain, sciatica, ribs out, neck, shoulder and jaw tension.
- Reduces stretch marks.
The Benefits of At Birth Massage
- Reduces ligament strain, and body pain.
- Gives the birthing mother ( and Father) the extra support she/he needs.
- Prepares the mothers’ body for an easier, quicker birth.
- Opens pelvic floor, takes pressure off sacrum and sacral ligaments.
- Can help induce a late term pregnancy.
The Benefits of Postpartum Massage
- Promotes relaxation and lowers cortisol.
- Improves circulation.
- Reduces back pain, sciatica, ribs out, neck and shoulder pain from nursing.
- Postpartum massage helps with milk production.
- Releases muscle strain due to labor and delivery.
- Balances hormones which can help decrease the onset of postpartum depression.
- Helps the postpartum client heal from birthing the baby through natural childbirth or cesarean.
- Prenatal and postpartum massage grows a peaceful, core understanding of connection that can travel from massage therapist to mom and then mom to baby/partner/both.
- Offers the mother a listening ear to voice any concerns or emotions.
- Promotes peace.